Friday, May 7, 2010

Today is the first day ...

Today is the first day of my blog. I've been thinking of this for a while now and thought it might be time. My entries will be completely random and I hope people enjoy them. Please leave comments and suggestions. I might try them some day.

I work in Akron, Ohio and lately have been walking in Goodyear Heights Metropark nearby after work. It's a lovely park and has miles of trails. There are three marked trails: Alder Woods (1.4 miles), Piney Woods (2 miles) and Parcourse (1.8 miles). Alder Woods circles the pond/marsh, a lovely place to spend a lazy afternoon. The trail leads across the marsh on a small walkway and it's refreshing hearing the birds singing and wildlife rustling in the grasses. Of course, it is an urban park and there are lots of cars whizzing by, but it's still very serene in the park.

Piney Woods is a bit more strenuous and has some very steep hills. It'll get your heart going, that's for sure.

The third trail, Parcourse, has 20 stations along the trail for things like jumping jacks, knee bends, chin ups, push ups, you get the idea. This is the hardest trail because of the exercises. And it has running sections, basically the middle mile or so.

I've done each once, and combined Alder and Piney Woods trails once. It's still nice and cool in the evenings, so the walks are fun to do. I hope I get myself fit enough to enjoy them in the heat and humidity of summer as well, so I can keep this up. I do have the option of joining the gym here at work for a very affordable rate, but while it's so nice outside I'd like to stay out as much as possible.

The people I meet on the trail are very nice. Almost everyone nods and smiles and a few say "hello" when we meet. Lots of people have dogs (I love dogs!) and I get to meet some of them. That makes it more fun.

Well, enough for now and I hope to see you again soon.

4 comments:

  1. Nice first post, Joyce. Glad you are joing the world of blogging. I'll add you to my blog roll. If you want the check it out, it's
    http://hdknowles.blogspot.com. Go back a few posts and see all the snow we had this year -see what you are missing. Hope you post more than I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joyce. Good to hear about your experiences. Blogs are fun. You can check mine out if you'd like. Mostly I share with family. www.lindadnavarro.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you have joined bloggy world! Wonderful first post. Will add you to my blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blogs are so therapeutic toooo! I love mine!! Check it out at www.whackywheelers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete